question about kjots

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Oct 29 16:50:26 GMT 2003

I'm using a slightly older kjots (kde 3.1.0 on Mandrake 9.1), so these
comments might be off base but:

1.  If I interpret my experiences correctly, kjots doesn't have
database semantics --- i.e., you have to force a write --- you don't
just get one for free.  Since you might just jot things in there, and
then log out, this seems bad, because your jottings -- the purpose of
the app, after all, will be lost when it exits.

2.  Kjots doesn't remember the book that you have open as part of its
configuration.  This means that it always comes up blank.  This seems
less than optimal --- when I log in again, I'd like to see the same
"piece of notepaper" I left on my desktop when I logged out...

Are these things fixed in more recent versions?   Should they be
fixed?  Do you all use alternative "jotters" that provide features
more like these?

Thanks,