processtable crashes

LeVA leva at fbi.hu
Wed Oct 22 15:00:08 BST 2003

Hello!

I have compiled kde 3.1.4 from source (whoa it took a looong time :))
I thought now everything is shiny and cool. Then I started (Ctrl+Esc)
the processtable to see what's going on. I wanted to see which process
eats all my cpu time, so I clicked the User% column, to sort the
numbers. Then kde stopped responding for about 5-10 secs, and I got a
(approx.) 100x50 grey box with dotts (really :) on the top left corner
of my kde, and it covered every application, and window. After I wait
for 5-10 secs, the mouse cursor moved again, and I could close the
processtables with the 'X', and start to clean my desktop. I execute an
app, with a window, and I start to clear the grey box (like with the
rubber in gimp :).
When I installed the precomp bins from download.kde.org, this
processtable worked just fine :)
Anybody else has this problem too?

Thanks!

--