Annoyance

Izo I at siol.net
Wed Oct 15 08:45:50 BST 2003

Kevin Krammer wrote:

>On Monday 13 October 2003 21:24, Sohail Somani wrote:
>

>>hey guys,
>>
>>Why is it required for some programs to be in the same directory as
>>KDE? For example, Kile is required to be in the same directory. This is
>>annoying b/c I cannot just delete the apps directory (/opt/app) when I
>>want to get rid of it, I have to run a make uninstall. Or is it just
>>kile?
>>

>You can use any directory as prefix for KDE programs.
>If it is different to the main KDE directory you simply list it in the
>KDEDIRS environment variable.

And do not forget to set the PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc etc if the app.
in question has some other useful things to be used with other KDE apps....

Using KDEDIRS in KDE should really cover all these also ! I am speaking
so because I am using KDevelop-3 configured to another place then
$KDEDIR. I have to set: QTDIR, QMAKESPEC, PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and also
explicitly point to the KDevelop-3 include directory to use its
development API for creating new KDevelop parts ...

Izo