Need ideas for new "killer app"

John Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Thu Oct 9 21:49:25 BST 2003

Ideas:
1) a dvd-ram format program that will format various filesystems, e.g. fat32,
fat, reiser, ext2, ext3, sdf.

 2) A database program, like foxpro, which will allow visual programming of
menus,screens, reports, a simple glue language, that can connects the visual
results.  It should be able to read/write sql, dbf and other
'local'databases'.  The target user should be businesspeople (have mony to
spend, but not a lot of time to learn C, C++, pascal,  php, tcl, etc.

gee, number two kinda sounds like dbase II in its early days.

oh, yes, and ...
thanks for asking!

On Thursday 09 October 2003 01:21 pm, Fred van Zwieten wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to develop a new app for KDE, because I really want to support the
> KDE initiative and i like to program for it. Problem is I don't know what.
> So far, what seems to be missing (according to apps.kde.org) is:
>
> DVD burn app for KDE
> Project app for KDE (a MS Project kind of app)
>
> I prefer to start a new app instead of helping with a existing app. Also, i
> would like it to ultimately be included in KDE.
>
> So , what's missing in KDE (3.1.4), not planned yet (3.2) and would be a
> great addition to an already great desktop?

John Sowden
American Sentry Systems. Inc.
1221 Andersen Drive
San Rafael, CA  94901

U.L. Listed Central Station Alarm Service
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967

mail at americansentry.net
http://www.americansentry.net