Oddness in the "K" menu and Konq

John Meyer j.meyer at makotec.net
Sun Oct 5 20:04:32 BST 2003

I am running KDE 3.1.4 on Gentoo. (kernel 2.4.20)

Whenever (not 100% of the time though, just 90%) I click the "K" menu,
the top menu item flickers.  I try to click another item, lower in the
menu, and it selects the top menu item.

Also, when I bring up the run command dialog, the cursor flickers like
no other.

In konq, I am unable to scroll down, it just stays at the top.  However,
I can scroll down about an eighth of an inch, just before the top of the
window hits the icon of the file.  Quite odd.

It is not my keyboard or mouse because other applications perform normally.

I tried recompiling kdebase, without -03 (the only other modifier I have
now is -pipe)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

John