diplaying file.ps.gz

Johann Philipp johann.philipp at web.de
Wed Oct 1 20:05:06 BST 2003

Hi,

I have been looking at the same thing for quite long, with no good result yet.
When playing around with the file associations I found it works if .gz files
are associated with kghostview as the first application. Same thing doesn't
work for e.g. kate. So kghostview seems to be more clever than kate. OTOH:
doing a "kghostview file.ps.gz" from command line doesn't work.

So I believe that all components to do things like this are there (there are
such things as servicetypes or so named gzipfilter...), but konqueror doesn't
like multiple extensions (a mime type for .ps.gz has no effect, if .gz is
defined). Or: I just don't know how to make them work...

Johann