kdeinit

Phil Newcombe philn at telus.net
Sun Nov 30 23:38:13 GMT 2003

Hi all

I've looked everywhere I could for an answer to this and got nowhere so
now I'm trying here.

When I recently installed Mandrake 9.2 I decided to try KDE 3.1 as my
desktop.  The problem is this: for some reason kde thinks my desktop is
a laptop and kdeinit launches a 'laptopdaemon' which I believe is
responsible for shutting off my monitor every 2 or 3 minutes of inactivity.

So how do I edit the list of services(?) started by kdeinit so that I
can control what gets started and what does not?

Thanks

--
phil n