How to add a menu item visible for ALL users?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Nov 29 13:50:00 GMT 2003

On Saturday 29 November 2003 14:35, Mark Hellman wrote:
> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >> And what about adding a shortcut to the Panel Menu for all users? How
> >> can this be done?
> >
> > What exactly do you mean with "Panel Menu" ?
>
> Guess I used "Panel Menu" in the wrong context. What I meant was the area
> tipically located at the right of the K Menu, where buttons of frequently
> used application are usually placed. Suppose this area is called "Quick
> Launcher Applet".

If it has two rows of icons, it is the quicklauncher applet.
If it is only one row of large icons, they are buttons on kicker itself.

> How can I add an application button to this area for all users?

The order of buttons (assuming buttons-on-kicker) is stored in
.kde/share/config/kickerrc

I think it depends if users are usually allowed to modify the setup.
If no, you can set the appropriate config in the global directory and make
some of the entries, groups or the whole file immutable using the Kiosk
notation.

Not sure how one would proceed if users are allowed to modify their kickers.

DCOP might allow direct modifications of running kickers.

Cheers,
Kevin