KDE 3.1.4 / RH 9

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Nov 27 04:16:14 GMT 2003

Randall J. Berry wrote:
> I want to upgrade my KDE 3.1-12 to KDE 3.1.4 I'm using Red Hat 9.0 with
> 2.4-20-20.9 Kernel.
> Is there an easier way to upgrated the entire KDE package other than
> downloading each file and installing each RPM manually
> While trying to install it manually I keep getting dependancy errors,
> and all sort of things.  Is there a script available that will install
> the RPM's in the order as needed?

Yes, you can use Apt.  This is the best choice in this case since the purveyors of the
unofficial, but real KDE RPMs seem to like it:

	http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

I have never used it (I build KDE from source and use CVS), but I understand that after
installing Apt that it will do the whole thing -- download and upgrade -- for you.

--
JRT