disable screensaver in gnome & kde

Vega Serrano, Vicente vvega at iberia.es
Mon Nov 24 11:38:27 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am running X remotely, I have a traffic problem when the screensaver
starts, the traffic increase and even saturates my network.

I have redhat 7.2 version installed, with xscreensaver installed. I thought
deinstalling the package with rpm -e xscreensaver, but even If I deinstall
xscreensaver the screensaver from kde is still be active, anyone knows a
effective way to disable the screen saver in the gnome and also in kde?. I
want to let it disable so it won't start when the user log in, and so the
user cannot activate it

thanks

;-)  Vicente