KDE interfering with Mozilla

Yannick Le Saint y.lesaint at free.fr
Thu Nov 20 23:15:18 GMT 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 22:33, John Klingler wrote:

 This is no file association setting. It's the klipper proposing you to open
the url. You have to configure the klipper (on my desktop, it's the icon with
the "k", in the systray, alongside with kmix, kget and kgpg). You're looking
for the "action" options.

 Hope it helps :D

> Whenever I select a URL in Mozilla's Locator Bar, for example to copy it
> into an email, a window pops up asking what I want to do with it, Open
> it in Konquerer, Mozilla, ... Edit contents.
>
> This also happens if I select online help from the Help pulldown menu,
> sometimes just by moving a window. I've been unsuccessfully trying to
> find some way to disable this  by editing the file associations.
>
> I thought maybe html would control that but the application menu isn't
> even the same. Evidently it's a system setting.
>
> If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.
>
> --John

For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do.
		-- Paul of Tarsus, (Saint Paul)