konsole with no window decoration?

Henrique Pinto stampede at uai.com.br
Wed Nov 19 21:00:02 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 17:23, gabriel wrote:
> i saw the coolest thing the other day on another computer running
> windowmaker.
>
> the guy had aterm running in the middle of his screen, but there were no
> window decorations, no close button -- nothing.  just the xterm complete
> with prompt.  he was using it to print debug info and leaving it
> semi-transparent on his desktop.
>
>   it looked really cool
>
> can kde do this with konsole?  or do i have to install aterm?  if i have
> to use aterm, how do i prevent the kde window decorations from appearing
> around it?

If you're using KDE 3.2, then that's possible. Any window can be configured
to have no decoration, there's an option for that in the window menu (the
one you get by pressing Alt+F3).

I believe that is not possible with KDE 3.1, but I'm not really sure, as I
don't have a 3.1 installation available right now.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede at uai.com.br