To embed or not to embed

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Nov 14 00:50:36 GMT 2003

Pupeno wrote:

> is it posible to make konqueror embed some files if they're local, but
> download them if they're remote (I want it to embed .tar.gz, but not when
> downloading them from http or ftp) ?

IIUC, that is the default behavior.

If you click on a tarball on your system then it opens it with Ark, but if
it is on a remote system over FTP or HTTP, it asks you if you want to save
it or open it.  If you click the: "Do not ask again" box then that choice
is what it will always use.

Now, what I don't know is how to make that widget show up for other files.
  I see nothing in the MIME type file.

--
JRT