KDE 3.2 Beta 1 PIM trouble

Dik Takken D.H.J.Takken at phys.uu.nl
Sun Nov 9 23:45:48 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have just compiled the kdepim package of KDE 3.2 beta 1. The first thing
that went wrong was that part of the kdepim package copies itself to the
wrong place on 'make install'. I had to do a make uninstall, re-configure
with an explicit '--prefix=/usr/local/kde' and do 'make install' again.

Now I'm still in trouble because all of the PIM applications are
crashing. Korganizer says:

[dik at dik dik]$ korganizer
korganizer: relocation error: /usr/local/kde/lib/libkorganizer.so.1:
undefined symbol: __tfQ24KCal16ResourceCalendar

Kmail does load, but gets signal 11 as soon as I click the inbox or click
the 'compose mail' button.

After I re-configured kdepim, nothing was re-compiled. Maybe this part of
the configure script is buggy as well and I just need to make clean the
whole thing and start over.

Who knows what's going on??

Dik