KDE

David P James dpjames at rogers.com
Wed Nov 5 18:28:19 GMT 2003

On November 05, 2003 08:16, Christine wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to learn about linux and whant to try KDE instead af
> GNOME as a graphic interface. I know that KDE has a lot of things I
> can download, but where do I start? I have Debian as a base and then
> I whant a graphic interface, what file do I download?
> I can find a lot of files but I do not know what to choose.

'apt-get install kdebase' will get you started, but depending on which
version of Debian you're running you may get a comparatively old
version of KDE.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations