Mouse Pointer Has Changed

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat May 31 21:55:19 BST 2003

Rick Friedman wrote:
> I have a strange little problem. Actually, it's not a problem but it
> is... well... "annoying".
>
> I upgraded qt3 from 3.1 to 3.2 (I'm running SuSE 8.2). Once I did that,
> the default mouse pointer in KDE changed. It used to point from lower
> right to upper left. After the upgrade, it point from lower left to
> upper right. The pointer still works, it just points in a different
> direction. After that, I also upgraded KDE from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2.
>
> Everything works fine. It's just the pointer that has changed. How can I
> change it back to the way it was before the upgrade?

IIRC, the default mouse cursor is changed from 'X' to the left pointer
in the: startkde script.

There should be a line like:

	xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr

You can choose different default cursors.  They are listed in:

/usr/X11R6/include/X11/cursorfont.h

Note that the names in the header file have: 'XC_' perpended to the
name -- in case that isn't obvious.

--
JRT