Mouse Speed Question

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon May 26 00:28:24 BST 2003

Jarret R wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am working on adding
> support for changing mouse speeds in Syllable
> (http://syllable.sourceforge.net/). I was wondering where I should start
> looking, is the speed set in the mouse driver or in KDE somewhere? If it is
> in KDE, can you point me to where I should start?

I think that you are talking about mouse *resolution* and AFAIK, it is
an X11 issue.

However, it appears that KDE can configure this because there is a way
to set this in the Control Center.  This would suggest that you could
use DCOP to do it.

However, the Control Center module does NOT change the resolution
which governs how much the pointer moves on the screen when you move
the mouse a fixed distance.

So AFAIK, you need to change this with X11/XFree86.

Sorry that I can't be more help.

--
JRT