mimetypes, gzip filter

Johann Philipp johann.philipp at web.de
Sat May 24 17:12:05 BST 2003

Hi all,

I like konqueror to do the following: opening a gzipped document (postscript,
dvi, text, etc.) should launch the relevant application(kghostview, kdvi,
kwrite, etc.), letting kde / konqueror do the uncompressing. Currently I can
only get ark to open the archive, and have to launch the application from
there. I understand there are services / servicetypes for doing what I want,
only I don't understand how to make use of them.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Johann