Shutdown/Reboot from KDE

Simon Hepburn sth at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 12 18:42:32 BST 2003

I got your other mail, you dont have kdm running, but you do have a graphical
login. This means you have more than one display manager installed and that
kdm is not the default dm. I'm not familiar with RH9 so cannot tell you how
to set the default. On my distro (Debian) there is a file called
/etc/X11/default-display-manager that lists the preferred display manager, no
doubt there is something similar under /sysconfig on RH. A simple solution of
course is to uninstall all dm's except kdm. Use your package manager to
search for gdm,wdm, or xdm and uninstall them, leave only kdm installed.

HTH

--
Simon Hepburn.