Newbie question re: Desktop panel

gabriel the.angel.gabriel at rogers.com
Mon May 12 06:36:52 BST 2003

On May 10, 2003 06:44 am, Daniel wrote:
> Here is my question:
>
>   In user mode, I've lost the original tool bar at the
> bottom of my screen.

this may sound a little obvious, but i made the same mistake when i started
out:  are you sure you didn't just hide it?  the "kicker" has the ability to
slide off the screen to the side to give you more screen space.  if your
monitor's settings aren't the best, you might not be able to see the little
button (very small) that will slide the kicker back onto the screen...

if kicker is still running (various others on this thread have shown you how
to check), try adjusting your monitor settings to be sure that you can see
the very edge of your desktop.  you may find that there's a little grey
button there with a black triangle on it that if clicked, will slide out your
kicker again.

baring that, just try clicking in the corner of every part of your screen...

if that doesn't help, do this:

  - get out of kde and go to a console.

  - delete any config files that have to do with kicker (just look for files
under /home/yourUserName/.kde/ that have "kicker" in the filename.

  - restart kde.

good luck ;-)

--
thanks be to god that gave me stubborness when i know i am right.
	- john adams