Newbie question re: Desktop panel

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Sat May 10 12:22:13 BST 2003

First of all EACH user ( root included ) has his/her own setup for KDE
These are found in the $HOME/.kde directory, generally under share/config.

To restart the panel, open a terminal window and type in the command 'kicker'.
This will start the panel, if it is shut down.  If this works, right click on
the shutdown icon, and select properties and then the choice ' Login, Restore
prewios session.  The Control Centre / KDE Components / Session Manager
provides the same menu.  Shut down all other application and then log out.
When restarting KDE you will have your panel back - inshallah.

Hope this helps

Basil Fowler