KDE Kyosk problems

Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA) sama at inf.ufsc.br
Thu May 8 14:31:17 BST 2003

Hi,

    I'm using Mandrake 9.1 with KDE 3.1. I'm trying to restrict the user to
do something like: don't move the taskbar, don't chenge the date ... I put
on the end of the file /usr/share/config/kdeglobals the lines:

[KDE Action Restrictions][$i]
action/bookmark_add=false
action/bookmark_edit=false
action/configure_toolbars=false
movable_toolbars=false

     The problem is, ir doesn't work ://. I looked on
~user/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals and it doesn't have this lines too.
     What I need to do to fix this problem ? Another question is: When I
logout the system, the KDE is saving my desktop so, if I have the kconsole
open, it will be open when I log the system the second time. What I need to
do to restrict KDE to save the Desktop.

                 Thanks,

      Roberto Samarone Araujo