qt-3.1 make errors

Andrew lfs.build at ntlworld.com
Sat May 3 09:35:02 BST 2003

I am building Linuxfromscratch and need to install qt to install arts to
install KDE 3.1, which I definitely prefer to Gnome/Enlightenment!

qt-3.1.1 (from a magazine CD) and qt-3.1.2 (from the qt website at www.
trolltech.com) has given me this identical error on first build.  Just
substitute the version number!

../../../../src/kernel/qmngio.cpp:360:warning:void memfree(...)  defined but
not
used
make [4]: *** [.obj/release-shared-mt/main.o] Error 1
Leaving dir qt--x11-free-3.1.1/plugins/src/imageformats/mng
make [3]: *** [sub-mng] Error 2
Leaving dir qt--x11-free-3.1.1/plugins/src/imageformats
make [2]: *** [sub-imageformats] Error 2
Leaving dir qt--x11-free-3.1.1/plugins/src
make [1]: *** [sub-plugins] Error 2
Leaving dir qt--x11-free-3.1.1/plugins
make init Error 2

I need a more definite answer.  Trolltech will only support corporate
customers, so there is no point asking them!

The big question is how do I fix this error and install the complete qt or is
there an abbreviated minimal qt environment sufficient for aRts?  I doubt if
I am going to use qt, it is just a waste of diskspace to me!  The guys at KDE
need the qt libraries as a dependency

My lfs system is bootable and has XFree86-4.3.0 working and a simple X-term
with 3 shell windows and a clock!

Apparently I need this to put KDE on!

Andrew