Editing Wordwise files

Jan Johansson janj+kde at wenf.org
Fri May 2 08:02:25 BST 2003

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 11:54:53AM +0100, Christopher Dawkins wrote:
>I need an editor which will load and save files with the CR as
>the line ending.

I think vim will do what you want. I have used it as far as
editing MS-DOS files in UNIX and UNIX files in Windows. It will
open the file detect the 'fileformat' allow you to edit the file
and if you do not set (:set fileformat=) it will save with the
same format as the file was when opened. It should also handle
MACOS files so your 'BBC' type should be covered. There is also a
graphical version (gvim). Take a look at http://www.vim.org/.