Editing Wordwise files

Christopher Dawkins cchd at felsted.essex.sch.uk
Thu May 1 10:32:17 BST 2003

We are beginning to run short of good BBC keyboards, so I need an editor
to edit Wordwise files on KDE (or, indeed, on Windows).

The problem is the line ending is CR, not LF or CRLF. Mac text files have
the same line endings.

Kwrite is the closest I find. It has an "End of line" setting, and that
works. BUT I see no way to hard-configure this. It needs to be set every
time you use Kwrite, indeed, on every document. Can someone help?

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex  CM6 3JG
01371-822698, mobile 07816 821659    cchd at felsted.essex.sch.uk