KDE multisession capability

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Mar 31 10:41:43 BST 2003

Kurt Mueller wrote:
> Has KDE a multisession capability?
>
> Can I work with KDE as the same user on different hosts
> on the same network?
> (Home directories are mounted, the same).
>
> With CDE on HP-UX and Solaris it is possible.
> We have problems if we do so on Linux (SuSE 7.2)
> (DCOM Errors, Applications like Konqueror will not work
> anymore, KMail will crash, ...)

Which version of KDE are you using? IIRC, SuSE 7.2 came with KDE 2.2.2.
If you are still using this version then you should upgrade to KDE
3.1.1. This will probably fix most of your problems.

KMail should never be used at the same time on different hosts accessing
the same local mail storage since one would risk the loss of messages.
If one uses IMAP then it should be possible to use several KMail's at
the same time, but it's still possible to lose some configuration
options, filters, etc.

Regards,
Ingo