[semi - OT] Re: pessimal scrolling with khtml (can anyone confirm?)

Denys Duchier duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Mar 26 07:23:34 GMT 2003

cryptopia at myrealbox.com (Cryptopia) writes:

> Sorry, I can't duplicate the problem on my machine. I don't notice any
> significant difference in scrolling between Mozilla and Konqueror on the page
> you provide or any other I've noticed (although Konqueror sure loads a lot
> faster). There must be something wrong with with your configuration.

Did you use the ARROW KEY for scrolling?  When using the scrollbar,
the problem is not visible (just a vague hint of drunken flickering).
But pressing the (up or down) arrow key continually makes a tremendous
difference.

I don't understand how there could be something wrong with my
configuration since Mozilla does not exhibit the problem.  This is not
configuration-specific but KHTML-specific.

Cheers,

--
Dr. Denys Duchier
Équipe Calligramme