Am I wasting my time with Red Hat?

Christian Herzyk christian at systrade.de
Mon Mar 24 10:21:31 GMT 2003

I didn't talk about precompiled packages only.
Is there a system in Slackware that takes care of getting all the tgzs you
need to install but don't have yet? For example you want to compile kde but
don't have alsa or qt installed yet? Do you have to care about
getting/installing them or does Slackware take care of that?
In Gentoo you only have to 'emerge kde' and you will end up with a system
capable of running KDE (so probably some configuring is still needed, e.g.
X) no matter what you had installed before.

Christian

PS: As this is getting really OT you should perhaps reply to
christian at herzyk.de . Thanks