Konqueror and FTP

S. T. tang-kd at neyono.com
Fri Mar 21 20:20:58 GMT 2003

I am using KDE 3.1 currently and I'd like to use Konqueror for connecting to
FTP sites. However, here's what happens. When I try to connect to a site
requiring a username an password, it pops up a box for entering that
information. I type in my username and password, but I don't check the keep
passwords box because I don't want it to remember my password. eg. I'd like
to reenter my password everytime I connect to the site. However, when I'm in
the FTP session, sometimes if I try to do anything (change a directory,
download a file, etc..) it prompts me for the username and password again.
And no, I didn't timeout the session. Any ideas on why this happens and how
to fix? Thanks.