kde update

absender Bruno.Mauderer at t-online.de
Thu Mar 20 07:54:28 GMT 2003

Dear KDE team,
I use Linux SuSe 8.1 and intend to update from KDE 3 to KDE 3.1.
I installed all needed rpm files from SuSe download service with yast through
konqueror. Everything seemed okay first, but in the end konqueror didn't work
any longer. Maybe it is because a running konqueror cannot be updated. Should
I install the update files with command line  ( rpm -i filename.rpm ) ? I
tried it but there were many error messages concerning dependencies. Should I
just ignore them and force rpm to install ? Or  is it a different problem ?

Thank in advance

Bruno Mauderer