Can I run a second KDE session, as different user?

Johnny Ernst Nielsen johnny.ernst.nielsen at get2net.dk
Wed Mar 12 15:53:03 GMT 2003

Good day Tako and Rex,

I found a bug report on a KDE-list that states something like this:

"The Start New Session menu item will be available in the K menu if
KDM is allowed to start multiple X sessions."

This was posted late 2002, so it was a feature already in KDE 3.0

However, I have no idea as to how to toggle the feature on and off,
just as I have no idea if it is KDM or X that you should fiddle with.

Anyway, if you look harder than what I did(*), it seems you can "just
turn the feature on".

(*) I didn't bother looking too hard as my distro has it turned on for
me by default.

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)

Onsdag den 12. marts 2003 15:46 kvad Tako Schotanus: