Can I run a second KDE session, as different user?

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Mar 12 09:16:20 GMT 2003

For me this still doesn't work. I have no devfs(d) on my system so I
assumed I needed to make the changes to /etc/security/console.perms like
you suggested.

I found this line:

<console>  0600 <sound>      0600 root

which I changed to:

<console>  0660 <sound>      0660 root.audio

When I logged out of KDE and logged back in again, the /dev/dsp* devices
had all reverted to root.root!

But I saw something else as well, acording to the console.perms file all
hard-, floppydisks and cdroms should belong to the "disk" group. But on
my system an unmounted floppy or cdrom has root.root permissions and
after being mounted it has <user>.<user> permissions!

Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,
 -Tako

PS: Running KDE 3.1 on RH8

--