Can I run a second KDE session, as different user?

Steve King stevenking66 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 22:46:08 GMT 2003

On Monday 10 March 2003 10:34 pm, Basil Fowler wrote:
> With my method, all displays have use of the sound card.

I tried your way first. I get some errors. I think they may be related to the
startx trying to run KDE2 rather than KDE3. (Most of my KDE2 installation is
wiped, with only kdelibs remaining to satisfy some dependencies for some
stuff I use.) The final straw seems to be "cannot contact kdeinit" or
something like that. I will collect some more precise information later this
week.

Given the choice between text entry and GUI, I prefer GUI. But then I only
want to know how to do this for occasional use, so which ever method I can
get to work best will do.

Steve