Why are styles/themes/decors so freakin buggy???

Michael Dengler mike at bowes.com
Mon Mar 10 21:37:11 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've been trying out different window decorations for KDE (3.0.1) and
have come to be very frustrated. Why? You may ask.

Well, almost every window decor style that I install DOESN'T WORK!

Case 1:
Compiled/built/installed QTCurve window decor style. Went fine. Open KDE
control centre and choose QTCurve from the list of Styles. Click apply
and....wahhhhhh....all my windows are now "default KDE 2" style.
GRRRRRRRR.....

Case 2:
Compiled/built/installed Keramik window decor style. Went fine. Open KDE
control centre and choose Keramik from the list of Window Decorations.
Click apply and....wahhhhhh....all my windows are now "default KDE 2"
style. AGAIN!!!!....GRRRRRRRR.....

It seems as though KDE is using Default KDE2 style as a fallback when a
chosen style doesnt work (no error messages or warnings though!).

Any help on what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks

Mike

--