Login Manager

Luciano Moreira - igLnx lucianolnx at ig.com.br
Fri Jun 13 18:04:39 BST 2003

RedHat, so others distribution, have a file at "/etc/sysconfig/desktop",
when you can write environment variables setting parameters do X script
that trigger the Graphical Mananger (KDM, GDM, XDM, etc). But it doesn't
work well in RedHat 8.0, RedHat 9.0 and Mandrake 9.1 !!!

So, I suggest you to change the script: /etc/X11/prefdm, setting the
variable "preferred" to "KDM", before the calling instruction at end of
script. If you have problems to do it, requesting us to send you the
necessary changes.

Good luck,

Luciano