Konsole Profiles

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Tue Jun 10 07:59:44 BST 2003

Justin Mazzi <justin at linuxgroup.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to execute a certain command when you use a profile.

May I add my answer too? :-) There are two possible ways to do this:

The difficult, GUI-only way, is to create with the session editor the
session types for each different command you want to execute. Start
them in the order you want and call "Settings/Save Session Profile...".

The easy way is to take your texteditor, start as many sessions as you
need, save a profile with "Save Session Profile..." and change with
the editor in ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole/profiles/ the commands like:

 Args1=/bin/bash,-c,ssh Server1 -X
 Args0=/bin/bash,-c,ssh Server2 -X

Bye,
   Steve