Netscape changes KDE's color scheme

Ivan Ivanov rambiusparkisanius at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 20:18:19 BST 2003

Dear KDE List,
I have the following problem with netscape 7.02, KDE
3.0.3-8 Red Hat and X Window 4.3.0. When I start
netscape under kde, netscape changes the default color
scheme of the screen: KDE panel becomes pink, file
menu of netscape's window is light blue and the colors
of the whole display are changed and messed.
First, I try with checking/unchecking the option Apply
colors to non-KDE applications in Control Center ->
Look & Feel -> Colors section, but this did not help.
Next, I traversed KDE mailing lists and read there
about that Netscape.ad should be editted and loaded
with xrdb. I located the file in
/usr/share/apps/kdisplay/app-defaults
and editted, but netscape's look did not improved at
all.
Can you please tell me, first,  whether I am missing
something and what it is. Second, are there other ways
except editting Netscape.ad, becasue even if I set
this file, I will lose it after an upgrade.  This of
course is not a problem for I can move it in my home
dir but I notices the same color-changing behaviour
when I installed xmms and xmms has no Xmms.ad file.

Thank you in advance.
Greetings Ivan