Crypto doesn't find libssl

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Sun Jul 27 17:04:16 BST 2003

Hi everyone,

I've got KDE 3.1.0 compiled from sources, and libssl 0.9.7a also compiled from
sources. My problem is that the crypto module in KControl can't load the ssl
library. When I press test, I get "Failed to load OpenSSL". OpenSSL is
installed in /usr/local/ssl, with the defaults options for linux (2.4.21). So
far, I have tried:

* Other versions of openssl (0.9.6g - 0.9.7b)
* Other versions of kdelibs-kdebase (3.1.0-3.1.2)
* Putting /usr/local/ssl/libs in /etc/ld.so.config
* Putting /usr/local/ssl in --with-ssl-dir when running configure
* Putting /usr/local/ssl/lib in the textbox under the "OpenSSL" configuration
tab in the crypto module.

And various combinations of the above. Anyone got a clue on what's going on
here? The configure script has no problems finding my installation of
libssl... Thanks in advance.

Dimitris

--
"The end of time is reached around the year 8000, by which time we expect Qt
to be obsolete."

- QT Documention, qdate.html#details