unable to build kdelibs

Paul Pogonyshev pogonyshev at gmx.net
Thu Jul 24 01:04:37 BST 2003

Joerg Stadermann
> On Tuesday July 22 2003 21:33, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> > Unfortunately, i still can't build it.  This time error looks
> > like this:
> >
> >         $ make -f Makefile.cvs
> >         *** Creating Makefile templates
> >         *** Postprocessing Makefile templates
> >         Split loop at admin/am_edit line 843.
> >         make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> >         make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Check the kde-devel mailing list in the archives for "Split loop
> during make -f Makefile.cvs". The poster supplied a patch for the
> problem.

Ok, it worked, though commenting out a line is certainly not a valid
approach to the problem.

More interesting is why no one seems to care about these problems?
I'm quite certain they are in CVS for at least ten days.  Can anyone
add the patch from my original mail:

	http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=105891297608516&w=2

to CVS or write something more intelligent to fix autoconf-tools
problem?  I would suggest taking out strings for tools version 2.53
and older since they no longer work.  autom4te 2.53 doesn't have a
`--prepend-include' option.

Paul