Kmail hotkey to move between folders?

Johnny Ernst Nielsen johnny.ernst.nielsen at get2net.dk
Tue Jul 22 13:27:11 BST 2003

Good day Kian,

Tirsdag den 22. juli 2003 12:10 kvad Kian Spongsveen:
> How do I easily switch (jump) from the folders window pane to
> another pane. For instance, from using arrow keys to moving between
> messages to then moving between folders, then move between the
> messages in that folder - without using the mouse.
> In Windows, using Pegasus, I am used to using Ctrl-Tab to switch
> between internal windows.

I assume you are asking about KMail.

Folders: Ctrl+left/right arrow
Go into selected folder: Ctrl+space
Go to next unread in selected folder: space
Messages list: left/right arrow key
Scroll message: up/down arrow key

Also look at Setup -> Shortcuts to see all the other keyboard
shortcuts.

Ctrl+Tab is the standard for switching between desktops in KDE.
I think you can change the keyboard shortcut for that yourself if you
want to.

Best regards :o)

Johnny