How do I change system font size when the system font is illegible?

Ladislav Strojil Ladislav.Strojil at seznam.cz
Wed Jul 16 08:54:03 BST 2003

On Tuesday 15 of July 2003 23:42, Mike Taylor wrote:
> I recently installed SUSE 8.2 pro, and while
> configuring my video display the system font was
> reduced to an impossible to see font size.  How can I
> adjust this back?  This is my first real attempt with
> Linux, and I am not familiar at all with the control
> center in KDE.  Is there a way to configure the system
> font size using BASH?

Hi,

open
~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
There you can change font sizes

You'll find something like
font=Arial,10,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
menuFont=Arial,10,-1,5,48,0,0,0,0,0
taskbarFont=Arial,10,-1,5,48,0,0,0,0,0
toolBarFont=Arial,10,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
activeFont=Arial,10,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

The first number after font family name is the size. Increase that.

Hope this helps,
Lada

--
    ~       Ladislav Strojil, MFF UK