copy and paste between 2 single konq windows

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jul 8 06:25:57 BST 2003

Olaf Stein wrote:
> hello everybody
>
> i have a question/problem
>
> if i open 2 single, independent konqueror windows an try to copy and paste a
> file between these 2 windows it does not work (drag and drop does work)
>
> if i open 1 konqueror window and then second, dependent one over the menu bar
> (file-new window) it does work
>
> is there any reason for that behaviour or hasn't this just been implemented

Well this always worked in KDE 1.x :-)

A possibility that could be related to the problem:

Are you using independent instances of Konqueror?  You may not know what I
am talking about so I will explain.  Even though you have several Konqueror
windows open, they are all sub-instances of one main instance of Konqueror
running.  I normally starts without an open window when your startup KDE.

Check the Control Center:

	KDE Components => File Manager: Minimimize Memory Usage

If you have selected either "For local browsing only" or "Always" then you
don't have separate instances.  If you have selected: "Never" try the next
one down and see if you still have the problem.

--
JRT