How to install a new font for window title ?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Jul 4 10:41:23 BST 2003

tateopfr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using KDE 3.1 on slackware 9.0, in Russian Language.
>
> I installed  the international packages.
>
> I checked  Cirillic font are in  /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts, and I installed in
> /home/user/.kde/.../font

If the fonts are in: "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/<directory>/" then they
are/were already installed.  If you used the KDE FontInstaller, you may
have screwed up your system since it has a serious bug.

> But from :
> Appearence & Themes -> Fonts -> KDE Control Module -> Window Title

Does FontConfig find your font's directory when you run [as root]: "fc-cache"

> I can see always the same fonts .
>
> How to install a new one ?

You don NOT need to install it if it is already installed.

--
JRT