Modifying the "Desktop Menu"

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Thu Jan 30 14:20:23 GMT 2003

On Πεμ 30 Ιαν 2003 16:08, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> I am not sure if you can modify the menu itself.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

You are right: You can't. I mean the menu bar. Like you said, you can modify
the .desktop files so that you can add/remove options from the the create
menu, but that's about it. You can't add for example, new menubar menus,
because these are hardcoded parts (urlmenu, bookmarksmenu, etc). You'll have
to hack the source for more "interesting effects" (eg. osx-style menubar).

--
Faithfull Minds are not enough. Deliver unto us Intelligence also.