Noatun broken

David Rosenstrauch david.rosenstrauch at aleri.com
Tue Jan 28 16:11:51 GMT 2003

On Monday 27 January 2003 07:43 pm, John Mitchell wrote:
> On Monday 27 January 2003 18:39, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> > Just tried upgrading to KDE3.1 (which looks quite nice, I might add!)
> >
> > But Noatun still looks broken.  Even though the version of Noatun
> > installed says it's 3.1, I'm still getting errors:
> >
> > noatun: error while loading shared libraries: libvorbisfile.so.0: cannot
> > open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> It's looking for the libvorbisfile from stock woody which is named
> libvorbisfile.so.0 part of vorbis 1.0rc3 IIRC.
>
> Either make a symlink from libvorbisfile.so.3 to libvorbisfile.so.0 or
> downgrade to vorbis rc3.
>
> HTH

Hmmmm.  Thanks for the info.

Not sure that either solution will be workable, though:

1) symlink route didn't solve the problem
2) I'm a little nervous about downgrading - there's several hundred
dependencies on the libvorbis libs; I don't want to hose anything

Any other suggestions?

Starting to regret that I upgraded to Sarge ...  :-(

Thanks,

DR