kmail distribution lists : how to send mail?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jan 14 10:45:19 GMT 2003

Brian T. Schellenberger wrote:
> I have managed to *create* a kmail distribution list -- it's a bit
> awkward but I managed -- but now I can't see how to actually *send*
> mail to the list.
>
> I tried just putting the name of the list in the To: field but it
> tried to send the mail to a local user instead of to the list.
>
> What's the trick?

Does it help if you close the address book or restart KMail? Sometimes
the synchronization between KMail and the address book doesn't work
very good, i. e. KMail doesn't notice that the address book was
changed.

Does the distribution list appear in the address selection dialog which
pops up when you click on the [...] button next to the To: field
(disable 'Show recent addresses' to make sure that only entries from
the address book are shown)?

Regards,
Ingo