Screensaver does not work

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Wed Jan 8 04:58:27 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am using KDE 3.0.3-14 (that came with Redhat 8.0). After a few weeks
of work and light customization, the screensaver stopped working. It
does not start either after the timeout or from the "Lock screen"
button, even though I can test the screensavers from the control center.

I poked around in the .kde directory and found that there is a
[ScreenSaver] section in kcmdisplayrc and kdesktoprc. I deleted that
section hoping that it would somehow reset the situation and then
configured the screensaver once again. No good - the [ScreenSaver]
section appeared in kdesktoprc, but the actual screensaver still does
not work.

How would I debug this further?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

"Large software projects are like werewolves because
they transform unexpectedly from the familiar into horrors."
                     Fred Brooks