Problem with "configure" script/QT?

Gustavo E Tenrreiro gustavot at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 2 22:12:55 GMT 2003

Yeah I used to have the same problem.
I don't remember exactly how I solved the problem, but it is related to your
compiler version.
If I remember correctly I used to have gcc 2.95.3. With that version Qt
compiled but when compiling kde I would get the error you have.
Then I installed gcc 3.1 but I didn't recompile qt so I stil got the same
error.
So I think what I had to do is scrap QT and recompile with 3.1 then recompile
kde from scratch with the same compiler.
The key is to compile everything with the same compiler, don't go jumping
steps.
What compiler do you have?

Delete or move your qt and kde folders out of the way then start everything
from scratch.

--
Gustavo E Tenrreiro
perroinmaui at yahoo.com