USB Camera

Mike Fawbush mfawbush at ccn.bz
Fri Feb 28 02:49:09 GMT 2003

Hello Gang,

I need some help with Red Hat 8.0, KDE 3 and a Polaroid PDC700. I click
on peripherals -> Digital Camera. I click the icon to add a camera and
choose my PDC 700. I click the new icon for the camera and click on
test. I get the following message:

        Unable to initialize camera. Check your port settings and camera
connectivity            and try again.

Under USB Devices I see the camera, but I think it not seeing the camera
correctly:

        USB Interface Controller TEST2.0

        Manufacturer: SEIKO EPSON
        Vendor ID               0x784 (Vivitar Inc.)
        Product ID      0x2620
        Revision 1.0

Under dmesg I see:

        hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number
2
        usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x784/0x2620) is not claimed by
any
active driver

Any Idea's

Mike