error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot

Juhasz David jd120 at freemail.hu
Thu Feb 27 20:33:41 GMT 2003

Hi!

I installed KDE 3.1 (from Texstar's rpm) on my system. I use Mandrake
9.0. With the installation went everything fine, but when I am trying to
start kde with the "startkde" command it gives me the following error
massages:

cp: cannot stat `/usr/share/mdk/kde/root-interface/kdeglobals': No
such file or directory
startkde: Starting up...
ksplash: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open
kdeinit: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open
startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.
/usr/bin/startkde: line 223: xmessage: command not found
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
ksmserver: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot
startkde: Shutting down...
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
kde-config: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot
startkde: Done.

I found @libqt-mt.so.3 on my system in the /usr/lib/qt3/lib directory and
an other file libqt-mt.so.3.1.1. So whats the problem????.I tried to find
the solution on the internet but I did not find it
. I am a beginner with
Linux... Can maybe somebody help me, and explain me how to solve
this problem! Thx:

Dávid